- The Education Foundation believes in public education.
- The Education Foundation believes that a strong educational system provides the foundation for a strong community.
- The Education Foundation believes in supporting educators, students, and administrators by pursuing creative opportunities.
- The Education Foundation believes in educating the community to sustain and expand the work of the organization.
- The Education Foundation believes in a cohesive network uniting the parents, teachers, students, alumni, businesses and organizations that promotes the future of our children and community.
- The Education Foundation believes in enhancing the development of intellectual, creative, social and emotional intelligences of the educational community, thereby promoting lifelong learning.
The mission of Lakeland Education Foundation is to generate and distribute resources to Lakeland School District students and staff for scholarships, academic programs and projects that enhance the quality of education and provide students with opportunities to become contributing citizens in our democratic society and in our increasingly complex world.
The Foundation will achieve its mission by directing resources toward the following goals:
- Provide scholarships to graduates for post high school education
- Encourage all students to work at their highest potential
- Offer grants to support and recognize staff for innovative efforts and exemplary teaching
- Build public awareness and confidence in our schools
- Involve the community in assuring a quality education for the leaders and workers of tomorrow.